The harsh reality is that we only know what we are really made of as we endure great trials. The true test and character of a person isn't who they are when things are going their way, but who they are when everything is going wrong.
I've seen leaders be instantly formed as they stepped in to fill gaps. They didn't have the title, but they had the influence, and they lead their people to great success.
Pressure reveals the inner character to the outside world.
- Like the person who conquered a figurative and literal mountain despite their fears and went on in life to achieve career heights they didn't think they could.
- Like the warrior who took the diagnosis of cancer as a battle cry to live every single moment to their fullest and to help others do the same.
- Like the quiet administrator that everyone underestimated who went on to be elected and served their constituents faithfully for years.
Those are all real people I know. It wasn't the trial that produced their character; it was the trial that revealed their inner strength.
The one thing we can all be certain of is that we will face trials, and it's up to us to determine the rest of the story. Make it count!
Looking for more small business help?
The Ultimate Small Business Survival Guide is Here
We've been helping InspireHUB clients not just survive during this time but THRIVE! We collected all of our advice and made it available for FREE as our great big give-back during this difficult time. Included in this FREE Guide:
- Transformation Readiness Assessment
- Practical Marketing Help
- Proven Strategies to Pivot Your Company
Lead an Inspirational Remote Work Culture that Employees Love!
At InspireHUB, we get it. We've been a 100% remote workplace for more than 7 years, and are the first to admit we were UN-InspireHUB while we learned to grow into it.
because we saw so many people struggling as they've had to adapt to this new way of working overnight.
Here's how you can use it to grow YOUR small business too ...
Included in this FREE Guide:
- Why your remote team is experiencing fatigue.
- Understanding how leaders and employees have vastly different remote experiences.
- The lines you cannot cross with employee privacy when working remote.
- How to gamify your remote workforce.
- The rules of virtual engagement when it comes to working remotely.
- How the rules of meeting etiquette change in virtual meetings and why you must understand the difference!
In a healthy culture, the only finger-pointing people do is at themselves.
The leaders take ownership quickly and set the example.
You’re making history right now. It may not feel like it. You may feel like what you’re doing isn’t so important as others, but it really is.
One day, somewhere in the future, a family member will talk about you. They will say:
“I had a great grandparent, aunt, uncle who was alive during the great pandemic of the 20's and _______”
Then they will finish that sentence with the actions you are taking during this time. Let’s decide today to fill it in with something inspirational.