The corporate Intranet plays an important role in internal communications. Intranet 2.0 is the "social intranet."
While the types of tools and the way they are used widely varies, studies offer insight into the communications barriers and boosts for productivity and employee engagement.
Here are 10 opportunities to up your game ...
Intranet 2.0: social intranets in the digital workplace
- 72% of companies are expected to deploy at least one social tool or platform. (Frost & Sullivan 2018)
- Organizations that installed social media tools internally found a median 20% increase in employee satisfaction.
- They also found that when employee engagement increases, there is a corresponding increase in employee retention by up to 87%.
How employees access corporate information
- 61% of companies may say technology makes internal communication more difficult but three quarters of companies want to increase their use of of it.
- With 50% of employees able to access corporate channels via their personal mobile phone, 73% of organisations are planning to increase their investment in mobile communications.
- Only two-thirds of organisations measure intranet hits. Nearly 70% rely on annual employee engagement surveys for feedback, rather than measuring by campaign or channel. 12% don’t measure at all. You can’t manage or improve what you don’t measure.
Intranet state of health: use and satisfaction
- Only 13% of employees participate in their intranet daily. 31% never do.
- While 81% of organizations have had intranets for five or more years, most employees visit their intranet only about once a month.
- 75% of people use their intranet solely for HR purposes.
- 72% of employees rate their internal social tools as fair to poor. Most intranets are hard to use, lack the social technology to make connections, and are used mostly for top-down communication of benefits and vacation days.
Let us help you take control of your internal communications!
Let us show you just how much we can help you save in time and money while increasing your employee engagement. Our proprietary ROI calculator will help you understand the impact to your organization. so you can see exactly what these statistics actually mean in hard dollars in your OWN company.
Internal communications are essential to a company's growth and success. It impacts morale, productivity and revenue.
You might be surprised to learn the numbers behind the way businesses are using technology to boost employee engagement and the bottom line.
When employees are highly engaged morale goes up, productivity goes up and so do your profits.
While more companies are leading with empathy and wellness, employee engagement is often misunderstood and sometimes harder to translate into real ROI. Here are 10 things you should know right now ...