Job Posting: Junior Web Designer
- Junior Web Designer (CANADA) If you are fresh out of school and looking for your first designing job then YOU are exactly the type of person we are hoping will find us. We don’t believe in playing games with our employees, so let’s get straight to the point. This job pays $40,000 a year with benefits. You get to work from ANYWHERE and work with an amazing team. Nope, there’s no negotiating on the salary. It’s set because we want a specific candidate with a specific skill set. So, how can YOU be the lucky person to work with us? Impress us. We are all on LinkedIn and floating around the digital universe. If you REALLY want to get this coveted spot then you’ll work hard to build relationships and let us know why you should be invited to the hiring process. That’s it and good luck!
Employee Job Description and Duties
Junior Web Designer | Salaried (Full Time) $40k + Benefits
Chanelle Brochu | Customer Experience Manager
Hiring Target Date:
February 14, 2020
Reporting to the Customer Experience Manager, the Junior Web Designer will be responsible for building IHUBApps to make them functional and aesthetically pleasing (according to the contract) and developing consistent, audience-appropriate creative assets and templates for HUBs while assisting with InspireHUB brand consistency in marketing materials. The ideal candidate loves to design, solve creative problems and work closely with the Customer Experience and Development teams to create a HUB that astonishes the client.
Here’s the deal. If you want to be on the ground floor of a company that is already working with incredible brands and people (see our website), desire to be a part of a team where your ideas are truly valued (you’ll get to do more than just the grunt work), understand that the best customer support representatives are always looking for ways to delight our clients and improve our processes AND would love to apply your mad skills towards a platform that is actually doing good in the world THEN we may be for you.
The Junior Web Designer will be:
- HUB Designer: Will be lead assistant and second point person for all new IHUBApp builds, customizations and any design needs required for clients or internally.
- Account Manager: Maintain assigned accounts with a focus on client success and retention. Follow outlined processes when closing accounts.
- Client Support: Assist with client support issue resolution in a timely manner and proficient client communications.
- Platform Proficiency: An expert in all aspects of the IHUBApp platform.
- All Hands Tasks: Present for release testing and contribute to company reports.
- Lead assistant for all new HUB builds including but not limited to:
- URL creation in the Bridge
- HUB settings
- Menu customization (as specified by contract) in the Bridge
- General design customization (bottom nav, homepage icons)
- Slider/image design
- Framework architecture (i.e. categories, channels)
- Content creation (as specified by contract)
- Develop user-friendly templates for clients to use
- Develop assets for client to use in marketing/communications
- Liaise with Development representative for any code/backend work needed
- Delegating to team mates as required
- Fulfilling client requests as submitted
- Contribute to the development, maintenance and updating of graphics, visual identity usage, and logo guidelines for InspireHUB
- Internal design requests (i.e. The Office, marketing/sales materials)
- Proficient in design tools including but not limited to Canva and Photoshop
- Managing client assets on the Team Drive
- Follow processes to assist in new HUB builds
- Manage client surveys, tasks in Teamwork, and information in HubSpot
- Follow outlined processes when closing accounts including proper communication with client
- Ensure deliverables promised to the client by InspireHUB are fulfilled
- Keep the CX Team informed on accounts during weekly CX Meetings
- Host onboarding and client meetings as needed
- Ensure client retention through proactive and reactive account management efforts with assigned clients
- Ensure client support issues are responded to and resolved within a timely manner
- Assist Customer Support Specialist and Tech Support Specialist with client communications, including drafting up or reviewing communications before they are sent to client
- Report and assess client feedback to further InspireHUB’s product goals and ease of use
- Follow processes for receiving and fulfilling client requests
- Creating and managing tickets in Jira as needed
- Responsible for the personal understanding and development of expertise for every feature of the IHUBApp platform.
- Ensuring oneself is continually up-to-date and knowledgeable about new features and current issues (code blacks) including an interim workaround.
All Hands Tasks
- Responsible for being present on testing and release nights to assist in future platform improvements
- Contribute to company wide reports and developing processes to better the company
- Ability to develop creative concepts
- Developed abilities in design
- Listens to others and accepts input from team members.
- Clearly articulates ideas and thoughts written and verbally.
- Accurately prepares written business correspondence that is coherent, grammatically correct, effective and professional.
- Always strives for personal and departmental improvement
- Looks for and proposes strategies for more efficient and effective processes and programs
- Likes a challenge and smashing virtual bugs
- Enjoys finding what is causing issues and helps to resolve them
- Displays a positive attitude.
- Demonstrates flexibility in day-to-day work.
- Sets high standards of performance for oneself.
- Ability to work effectively and stay motivated independently
- Establishes harmonious working relationships with team members.
- Appreciates each team member's contributions and values each individual member.
- Asks questions and provides input in team meetings.
- Understands the professional development process and becomes actively involved by setting challenging goals and meeting them through continuous learning.
- Seeks input from mentors and supervisors.
- Actively applies feedback received to day-to-day work and strives to improve performance.
- Accurately completes and submits time and expense reports in a timely manner.
- Accurately completes and submits status reports in a timely manner.
- Complies with all of our policies and procedures.
- 2 to 5 years work experience in customer service, marketing or technology support.
- 1-3 years training and/or experience in web design or graphic design
- Meticulous with keen attention to small details
- Ability to stay focused and present on tasks
- Efficient, organized, and able to juggle various tasks while prioritizing effectively
- Proactive, self-motivated and results-oriented
- Personal integrity and good judgment
- Exceptional sense of urgency. “Punctuality is the first sign of dependability.”
- Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Experience working with multiple geographies, languages and time zones
- Flexible, able to take direction, adapt/adjust to changes and shifting priorities
- Strong written/verbal communication skills
- Demonstrate exceptional oral and written communication proficiency
- Ability to type a minimum of 35wpm (Save us time and test yourself here: http://www.calculatorcat.com/typing_test/ )
- Superb computer skills and a technical aptitude to learn quickly and pick up new technologies fast
- Proven ability to maintain strong client relationships
- Travel required – less than 15%
- Overtime as required